Thursday, April 07, 2005

My little princess


This is Shannen. A few more days and my little princess will be a yr old. Parang kelan lang nagla-labor ako for the second time. Ngayon nakikipagkulitan na ako sa kanya.

Shannen Hankins-Say was born on May 2, 2004. The pregnancy went on fine. The delivery was ok as well. On May 4, the doctor said we could be discharged. Tuwang-tuwa lahat ng taong makakita kay Shannen dahil she's a mixture of a lot of races. Mestisong chinese ang tatay nya. May lahing american naman ang nanay nya.

A few hours after we arrived in Bulacan, I noticed something unusual in my daughter. Although masigla sya, ang dalas naman nyang mag-LBM. This could be fatal esp. to a very small baby so we decided to take her again to the hospital the following day. The doctors at UDMC gave her lab tests to see what's causing the problem. The results said nothing wrong. The Pedia ordered the confinement of my 3 days old baby for fear of dehydration.

Shannen was placed in the nursery. Howevr, since she has already been exposed to contaminated environment, she was stayed away from the newborns. Doon sa isang maliit na room sya na-check-in. Bawal don ang bantay at may kahigpitan sa pagtanggap ng bisita. I visit her in the morning then leave after a few hours (medyo malayo din kasi yon sa Malabon). I am so thankful to Kristine Hermosa for keeping her company. Yun kasing billborad nya sa may Welcome Rotonda eh eksakto sa bintana ng room.

On May 6, rashes appeared all over Shannen's body. This helped the doctors conclude that she's allergic to cow's milk protein (from infant formula). The pedia ordered my daughter to stay there for a few more days so that they could monitor her.

Those were the longest 6 days of my life. Can you imagine how tormented I was everytime I leave the hospital? It's painful enough to know that your child is sick and leaving her behind is excruciating. Buti wala akong post-partum noon kundi baka naloka na ako. Nakakabaliw talaga.

2 comments:

Ka Uro said...

cute naman ng baby mo. advance happy bertdey sa kanya. regards

jinkee said...

mana sa akin... he he he